Google – Leading The Way With Mobile
Here’s a very interesting article regarding Google’s winning strategies with Mobile.
Mobile: Google gets it
By Ken McCarthy
I hate to give Google free ink, but facts are facts.
Here’s a fascinating take from David Rothwell, one of the smartest guys I know and one I see far too rarely. (Please someone move the UK a few hours closer to NY.)
– Google Chrome has become the major browser (http://marketingland.com/report-googles-chrome-android-browser-edge-microsoft-ie-lead-market-share-86443)
– Chrome works on all desktop and mobile devices
– Chrome is getting more useful every day (Google Now will remind you about whatever is important and even physically nearby)
– Chrome synchronises across all your devices (I have Nexus 4/5/7/10 and PC/Laptop all using Chrome)
– Google Wallet allows you to buy stuff
– person in office using Chrome browser on work device looking for watch/jewellery/apparel/whatever similar (something they want to physically handle before buying, not an online or impulse buy)
– finds item of interest then carries on working
– goes out to lunch, searches again for item of interest on mobile, browser synchronised from previous session on work device
– sees an offer ad by a local retailer, clicks to add offer to wallet on mobile
– goes to store, buys item, redeems offer stored in mobile wallet at point of sale
– merchant advertiser knows what he spent to advertise, and what he earned in sales from his offer
Nobody but Google has all these pieces of the infrastructure:
– Chrome browser
– ability to follow user across devices without cookies
– Mobile Wallet
– advertising platform
– Mobile devices e.g Nexus
Google is best placed to win in the coming Mobile universe (imo) as a provider of all devices connected into the Internet of Things.
We ain’t seen NUTHIN yet.
P.S. David’s an example of one of the members of our System family.
Link to the original article may be found here: