Getting Closer ..
30 Day Writing Challenge – Day 22
8 days ’til my mother in law comes to visit. My office is almost cleared out, probably another 4-5 hours of steady work there. Then we’re getting some bedroom furniture for the room on Sunday. Whew.
Good things are happening! Mom’s impending visit jump-started some long overdue changes:
1. We’re actually doing some of the things we’ve talked about around the house
2. Clearing out the office and turning it into a real spare bedroom
3. Cleared out the garage and turned it into a real usable space, not just a storage area
4. We have a clear plan on how and what to do to finish off the other rooms and spaces we have available
5. We’re having discussions about what to do with the patio area (which we both want to enclose and incorporate with the building out back. Now it’s just a matter of deciding on a plan of action, then getting it done
6. We’re actually getting rid of a lot of stuff and junk we’ve just been holding onto
7. The greatest thing of all .. we haven’t killed each other!
On another note, we took two of our fur kids to the vet this morning and they did very well. They both got their shots, tests and heart worm prevention meds. Bella also got her nails clipped .. and I gladly paid the $26.50 to have them do it. Seriously. Bella is a little Chihuahua .. and I do mean little and she does not like to have her paws messed with. She us fights tooth and nail when we try to clip her nails.
Wrote the check and had the vet assistants do it, while we watched. Yep, she fought them as well, but we got to see how they handled her. And while I think we may be able to do it ourselves next time around, I might just write the check again. Hurts my heart to see her fight so hard, but it’s something that needs to be done on a more regular basis.
Dobby was totally quiet and just let the vet go about her business. He did great :)